CHOLATSE PEAK CLIMB
‘adventure on high and scenic Khumbu valley with a climb of striking Cholatse peak’
“Scenic flights to and from Lukla with parallel views of mountain range
Walk into lovely Sherpa traditional villages enrich with Buddhist culture
Visiting Namche Bazaar with wonderful sceneries of dramatic landscapes
Within world heritage and highest Sagarmatha National park
From green woodlands to glacial lakes and arid and beautiful terrains
Crossing of high and scenic Tsho-La pass with classic climb of Cholatse with amazing views”
Trip Mode: Hotels and Lodge basis on trek.
Trek Grade: Adventurous with high altitude gain.
Climbing Grade: TD as per French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification
Highest point: On top Cholatse 6,361 m and 5,368 m at Tsho-la pass.
Trek duration: 17 nights & 18 days (Lukla to Lukla)
Total Trip: 21 nights & 22 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Activities: Cultural tour – exciting flight, scenic and cultural trek and climb.
Season: March to June and September to December.
Cholatse Peak stands proudly at 6,361 m high, the mountain with local name as Jobo Lhaptshan, located around high Khumbu valley within Everest region. This sharp mountain is closely connected with another close peak Taboche 6,542m by a long ridge.
Cholatse Peak Climb of highly technical effort and difficulty than any other trekking peaks in Nepal Himalaya where only few climbers have made to the summit of this peak.
The north and east faces of Cholatse can be seen from Thug-la or Dughla, on the trek to Everest Base Camp. This tough and stunning peak was first climbed via southwest ridge on April 22, 1982 by Vern Clevenger, Galen Rowell, John Rowell and Bill O’Connor.
Cholatse Peak climb grade as TD means ‘Technical Difficule’ used as per French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification System and used popularly worldwide for alpine style climb.
A peak of technical effort with straightforward climb, knowing the nature of difficulty we have allowed many days to make the climb a huge success.
The north face was successfully scaled in 1984 by veteran climbers so you can join in this extreme adventure climb where you will trekking around high valleys of the Khumbu with time to explore villages and monasteries and to sample the incredible hospitality of the Sherpa people.
Cholatse Peak Climb adventure begins with a sweeping flight to Lukla and then reaching slowly to Phakding as the trek progress entering into Sherpa capital at Namche Bazaar.
With time to acclimatize, before following the quite trail to Gokyo high valley and visiting the ancient Buddhist monastery as the walk leads beyond tree lines to reach arid and barren rocky and ice terrains at Gokyo Lake with incredible views of world 6th highest Mt. Cho-Oyu at close distance.
At Gokyo with fantastic panorama from the high scenic view point at Gokyo Ri, walk continues to cross Thso-la pass and towards our main goal and highlight of the adventure for Cholatse climb, we have allowed enough time for the tough and challenging climb of high technical sections in few places, where our expert team of Sherpa guides will lead you to the summit top with safe and exciting climb at the top enjoy the panorama of world highest peaks with Mt. Everest and magnificent Amadablam at mere distance.
After an overwhelming moment around complete isolation for many days return journey via an alternative route with a visit of Pangboche and Thyangboche monasteries of immense interest and delights, walk slowly ends as the path approaches at Lukla for last overnight around Khumbu and Everest.
A scenic panoramic flight brings you back to Kathmandu with memorable and exciting time on Cholatse Peak Climb and around Gokyo Valley with great guidance and services of Xtreme Climbers and its expert guides.
Day by Day itinerary:
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu transfer to hotel overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu equipment / permit preparation and Kathmandu valley sightseeing, overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Lukla (fly) trek to Phakding 3.30 hours, O/N Lodge
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazzar 6 hours, O/N Hotel.
Day 05: Namche Bazzar – Acclimatization day
Day 06: Trek to Dole 6 hours, O/N Lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Machherma 5 hours, O/N Lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo 4 hours, O/N Lodge.
Day 09: Acclimatization day and climb Gokyo Ri, O/N Hotel.
Day 10: Trek to Thangna 4 hours, O/N Lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Cholatse Base Camp (5355m), overnight tented camp.
Day 12 – Day 15: Summit Mt Cholatse Peak (6501m) and return to Base Camp, overnight camp.
Day 16: Trek to Photse 5/6 hours, overnight lodge.
Day 17: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m, overnight lodge.
Day 18: Trek to Lukla, overnight hotel.
Day 19: Fly to Kathmandu transfer to hotel, overnight Kathmandu evening time Farewell dinner with traditional Nepali Dance and Meal.
- Airport/Hotel/Airport transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with BB Plan as itinerary – Twin Sharing Room (3 star Hotel).
- Accommodation during the trekking and Climbing.
- Necessary Land Transport.
- Domestic Flight ticket for clients and staffs.
- Climbing Cargo both ways.
- Climbing Permit (NMA permits).
- National Park and Conservation fees.
- Trekking Permits.
- Food – 3 times during the Trekking, Base Camp and high camp for member & staffs.
- Nepali Kitchen Helper for Base Camp & High Camp.
- Yak transport – bag, food and equipments (if necessary).
- Necessary Porters / staffs.
- VE 25 North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for base camp/ High Camp.
- Foam Mattresses, Dining/Kitchen/Toilet/Store.
- Tables & Chairs, all necessary Cooking gears.
- A First Aid, safety, basic/advance trained, Eco trained & Government licensed holder English Speaking Trekking and Climbing Guide.
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Xtreme Climbers Team staffs.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking/ climbing equipment.
- Insurance: Travel/Accident/Medical /emergency evacuation.
- Nepal Visa fee US$ 40 for 90 days & US$ 25 for 30 days Per person.
- Entrance fee of Historical monuments
- Tibet Visa fee as current fair (if climbing from Tibet site).
- Extra Climbing Sherpa US$ 350 Per Sherpa (if require private climbing guide).
- Sherpa Summit Bonus or Tips.
- Special Hot and Cold drinks and alcohol
- Extra Yak which can be paid at base camp (if need).
- All other personal nature expenses.