CHULU EAST PEAK CLIMB
‘adventure on Nepal’s highest trekking peaks within high and beautiful Manang valley’
“Adventure to stunning Chulu East Peak climb on famous Annapurna circuit trail
Views of high snow clad mountains on daily walks with dramatic landscapes scenery
Visiting Gurung-Manang and Thakali villages of immense Buddhist culture and custom
Enchanting lovely alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees
Walking around both side of Annapurna region from North to South with incredible views
Following raging Marshyangdi River right up to its glacial source and crossing high Thorang-la
Climb on Nepal’s highest trekking peaks with breath-taking panorama of high mountains ‘
Trip Mode: Hotels and Lodge with camping for few nights on climb.
Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
Climbing Grade: PD + (French / Swiss Alpine Climbing System)
Highest point: On Chulu East Peak 6,584 m and Thorang – La Pass 5,416 m.
Trek and Climb duration: 15 nights & 16 days (with both ways drive, flight from Jomsom)
Total Trip: 19 nights & 20 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Activities: Cultural tour – exciting flight with scenic trek and climb.
Season: All year round except June to August the wet months.
Xtreme Climbers presents an outstanding loaded adventure Chulu East Peak Climb, around high and above beautiful Manang valley, truly a mind-blowing destinations walking on famous and popular Annapurna Circuit route, listed as world top most famous and scenic adventure destinations, and then our walk leads away from main stream trekking trail towards complete wilderness within high Chulu’s peaks near Damodar Himal and north of massive Annapurna Himalaya.
Chulu East Peak stands as highest trekking peaks of Nepal Himalaya at above 6,584 m / 21,727 ft, around North West Nepal within Damodar Himal and northern Annapurna Himalayan range, Chulu with its group of peaks includes Chulu West- Mid Chulu –Far East Chulu and Western Chulu.
Chulu East Peak climb grade as PD + which we have used from French and Swiss Alpine Climbing System, which means ‘Per Diffcule’ walking on ice and glaciers with some technical sections to encounter and a straight forward alpine climb, where our expert guides will lead you with full of safety and technical support to the top Chulu East Peak summit, where you will be rewarded with awesome panorama of mountain views.
An exciting overland drive from Kathmandu reaches you to our trekking point near Besisar around warm low areas of Lamjung district and then heading higher up at beautiful Manang valley on popular and most famous Annapurna Circuit trekking route, as the walk progress our trek diverts from the main trail towards complete isolated areas within pure wilderness at Chulu East Peak Base Camp, the climb is undertaken with much acclimatization days and practice on climb.
After a successful climb as the Himalayan weather allows feeling in Great Spirit, heading towards main villages of Manang where you can witness colorful Buddhist culture and custom and then towards high and scenic Thorang-La pass to reach at lower Mustang region at holy Muktinath a famous pilgrimage spot for both Hindu and Buddhist the name means Liberty or Nirvana, where people comes to attain it.
From Muktinath heading towards Kaligandaki River valley at Jomsom, a headquarter town of Mustang areas, where a scenic and short flight takes you at popular and picturesque touristic spot in Pokhara by the serene Phewa Lake within massive Annapurna Himalaya.
Finally our amazing and marvelous adventure Chulu East Peak Climb completes with an exciting drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel [1,300m]
Day 2: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Preparation
Day 3: Drive Kathmandu to Chame [2,710m]: 9 – 10 hrs
Day 4: Chame to Pisang [3,300m]: 5 – 6 hrs
Day 5: Pisang to Humde Village [3,330m]: 3 – 4 hrs
Day 6: Humde to Julu Khola [3,500m]: 3 – 4 hrs
Day 7: Acclimatization Day at Julu Khola
Day 8: Julu Khola to Chulu Far East Base Camp [5,000m]: 5 – 6 hrs
Day 9: Acclimatization Day at Chulu Far East Base Camp
Day 10: Base Camp to Chulu Far East High Camp [5,500m]: 3 – 4 hrs
Day 11: High Camp to Chulu Far East Peak [6,059m] to Base Camp: 8 – 9 hrs
Day 12: Chulu Far East Base Camp to Manang [3,35m]: 5 – 6 hrs
Day 13: Manang to Siri Kharka [4,060m]: 4 – 5 hrs
Day 14: Siri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp [4,140m]: 5 – 6 hrs
Day 15: Tilicho Base Camp to Tilicho Lake [4,949m]
Day 16: Tilicho Lake to Mesokanto La Pass to Yak Kharka [4,200m]: 7 – 8 hrs
Day 17: Yak kharka to Jomsom: [2,743m]: 5 – 6 hrs
Day 18: Jomsom to Pokhara [820m]: 25 minutes by flight
Day 19: Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6 – 7 hrs
Day 20: Final Departure
- Airport/Hotel/Airport transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with BB Plan as itinerary – Twin Sharing Room (3 star Hotel).
- Accommodation during the trekking and Climbing.
- All Land and Domestic Air Transport.
- Climbing Cargo both ways.
- Climbing Permit (NMA permits).
- National Park and Conservation fees.
- Trekking Permits.
- Food – 3 times during the Trekking, Base Camp and high camp for member & staffs.
- Nepali Kitchen Helper for Base Camp & High Camp.
- Necessary Porters / staffs.
- VE 25 North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for base camp/ High Camp.
- Foam Mattresses, Dining/Kitchen/Toilet tent etc.
- Tables & Chairs, all necessary Cooking gears.
- A First Aid, safety and basic/advance mountain trained & Government licensed holder English Speaking Trekking and climbing guide.
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team staffs.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- Personal trekking/ climbing equipment.
- Insurance: Travel/Accident/Medical /emergency evacuation.
- Nepal Visa fee US$ 40 for 90 days & US$ 25 for 30 days Per person.
- Extra Climbing Sherpa US$ 350 Per Sherpa (if require private climbing guide).
- Sherpa Summit Bonus or Tips.
- Hot and cold drinks during the trekking.
- All other personal nature expenses.