Churen Himal Peak (7385m/24,229ft):
Churen Himal 7371m (24,183ft) in Dhaulagiri Himalayan range is popular climbing peak above 7000 meters. It was first climbed by the Academic Alpine Club of Shizuoka Expedition team in 1970 by Mr. Kr. Fukui and K. Hasegawa. Churen Himal has three pinnacles which are called: Churen West 7371m/24,183ft., Churen Central 7375m/24,196ft and Churen North 7371m/24,183ft. Churen Himal was closed for climbing for some time and after the several request, Nepal Government has opened for climbing again.
Churen Himal Expedition one of the least and toughest peak to encounter, although many mountaineering party have successfully acclaimed victor on top of this high technical effort climb, but still this stunning Churen Himal beckons adventurer and mountaineers to visit for the climb to its 7, 370 m / 24, 180 ft summit top.
Churen Himal located on the Mid West Nepal Himalaya and it is a part of Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve area at Jaljala range of high ridges. The area is completely apart from the mainstream path offering super breathtaking view of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Gurja Himal, Churen Himal and its wild valley.
On this Churen Himal Expedition provides you with an opportunity to explore the pristine area of Churen Himal, where you will have chance to visit into massif and beautiful Dhorpatan hills and valley.
Our expedition’s route encounters nice and traditional farming villages of Chhetri, Magar and Chhantyal villages, where Gurjagaon has majority of Chhantyal a near extinct tribe of Nepal.
Drive from Pokhara to Beni Bazaar our staff will lead you to the foot of Churen Himal Base Camp for the classic and technical climb on top of this striking peak.
This is a mesmerizing and fascinating adventure which involves a taste of almost all of the expeditions trekking environments which Nepal has to offer.
The trek is even more special culturally. The villages and the valleys are particularly memorable, being picturesque examples of the less frequented settlements with its charming inhabitants that are still pristine and unspoiled to the spectacle of the passing by trekking groups.
Height: 7371m. – (24,183 ft.)
Latitude: 28° 43′ 55
Longitude: 83° 12′ 45″ E
Trip Duration: 39 Days
Normal Ascent Route: North East face
Caravan Route: Ktm–Pokhara-Beni Bazaar-Gurjagaon-Churen Base Camp
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1350m/4,429ft). Transfer to hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02: Preparation, briefings, last minute shopping and permit formalities.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (950m/3,116ft) 6hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 04: Drive from Pokhara to Darbang (1110m/3,641ft) 5 hrs. Lodge accommodation.
Day 05: Trek from Darbang to Takum via Dharapani village (1670m/5,479ft.) 5 hrs. Camping accommodation.
Day 06: Trek from Takum to Lumsang village (2120m/6,955ft.) 6 hrs. Camping accommodation.
Day 07: Trek from Lumsang to Gurja Village (2620m/8,595ft.) 7 hrs.Camping accommodation.
Day 08: Trek Gurja village to Darsinge Khark (3600m/11,811ft) 6 hrs.Camping accommodation.
Day 09: Trek from Darsinge Khark to Burjunga Khark (3415m/11,204ft.)5 hrs.Camping accommodation.
Day 10: Trek from Burjunga Kharka to Churen Himal BC (4600m/15,091ft.) 3 hrs.Camping accommodation.
Day 11-29: Climbing Period Churen Himal. (7371m/24,183ft)
Day 30: Clean up base camp and trek fromChuren BC to Burjunga Khark(3415m/11,204ft.)5 hrs.Camping accommodation.
Day 31: Trek from Burjunga Khark- Gurja Village (2620m/8,595ft) 6 hrs.Camping accommodation.
Day 32: Trek from Gurjagoan village to Lulang village(2200m/7,218ft.) 5 hrs. Camping accommodation.
Day 33: Trek from Lulang to Dharapani to Darbang (1670m/5,479ft.) 5 hrs. Tea house accommodation.
Day 34: Drive from Darbang to Pokhara via Beni overnight at hotel accommodation.
Day 35: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1350m/4,429ft) 6 hrs. Transportation provided by tourist mini bus. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
In Full board service
Xtreme Climbers offers Full Board Service for our entire range of flagship mountaineering expeditions to all 7000m peaks. Full Board service means that we will provide a Trekking service, base camp service and high camp service executed by your Sherpa climbing guide. All of our full board clients will have a personal Sherpa climbing guide exclusively dedicated to the client for the duration of the climb.
Our climbing Sherpa guide team will establish and secure climbing route in collaboration with other climbing teams participating on the route. Establish all high camps with camping equipment, provisions, oxygen and prepare high altitude food for the client. Full board also indistinguishable client on the route while ensuring their safety and well being.We move at the client’s preferred pace and ensure total commitment to the client in case of emergency with the clients safety and well being being the overriding priority.
High camp service for the Full Board Service will consist of all of the equipment necessary to fix the route, all camping equipment, fuel and food for high camps.
Full Board Service Cost (Includes)
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from KTM international airport with other necessary transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at Kathmandu international airport by Xtreme Climbers during your arrival and departure.
- 4 night request category hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B&B basis.
- Two night hotel accommodation in Pokhara in B/B basis.
- Experienced and government licensed trekking and climbing Sherpa guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- Appropriate number of porters during the trekking period.
- Land transportation from Kathmandu-Durmang- Beni-Kathmandu for all climbing members, Sherpa guide, liaison officer and kitchen staff.
- Entire Xtreme Climbers kitchen tent, storage tent, dining tent, client tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs and cooking utensils for trekking and at base camp.
- Common climbing equipment such as: Rope, ice bars, ice screws, and snow bar.
- 3 meals a day: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee.
- Accommodation at hotel/lodge/guest house or tent camps during the trekking period.
- All camping accommodation for members and staff during trekking and climbing period. You will be sharing sleeping quarters with one other member.
- All food and fuel for base camp and higher camps during the climbing period.
- 40kg baggage allowance per person during the trekking period. This will be carried by porters/mules.
- Daily weather report services from Seattle, Washington based company.
- Services of chef and kitchen assistant at advanced base camp.
- Trekking Permit (Annapurna Conservation Park entry fee).
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Expedition royalty and permit of Nepal government to climb Mt. Churen Himal.
- Nepalese government royalty.
- One experienced, trained, government licensed and summiteer climbing guide (Sherpa) per person.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurances for all involved staffs during the trekking and climbing period.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for all involved expedition staff.
- Medical consultation services at the base camp with the HRA clinic at base camp.
- Equipment allowances and wages for climbing Sherpa’s, cooks, kitchen assistant and government liaison officer.
- First aid medical kits for the group and the staff.
- Satellite phone carried by guide for communication. Available to clients at a cost of $3USD per minute.
- Appropriate high altitude food for all clients and staff at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period.
- Heater will be provided at base camp for the dining tent.
- Emergency oxygen mask and regulator provided upon request of client with requirement appropriate charge.
- Each client will have an individual North Face V25 tent available in the Churen Himal advanced base camp.
- Solar panel for light and electronics charging.
- All tents for camp I, II and III.
- Ice fall charges.
- Gamow Bags (Portable hyperbaric chambers) for high altitude sickness.
- We provide Sherpa’s tents, food for climbing and insurance.
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- EPI cooking gas and stove will be provided above base camp for cooking food.
- Generator will be providing to back-up the lighting in base camp.
- Transportation of food supply from Kathmandu to base camp by porter/mules.
- Service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information.
- Visa extension procedure services.
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu before departure.
Full Board Service Cost(Excludes):
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones and internet expenses.
- Clothing, packing items or bags, personal medical kit, personal trekking gear.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulations, etc.
- Transportation services includes only what is listed on the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be appropriately charged.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Medical insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Summit bonus minimum USD$800.00 per climbing Sherpa guide.
- Filming permit (if you have a special camera).
- Personal climbing gear.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition equipment.
Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa insurance is easy upon arrival).
- Any extra services, products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section