KANCHENJUNGA BASE CAMP TREKKING
‘great adventure on world’s 3rd highest Mountain base camps around Far East Himalaya’
“An overloaded adventure the one and only treks visiting both North and South base camps
Beautiful alpine forest of tall rhododendron-magnolia-pines-birch and fir tree lines
Exceptional views of snow capped peaks of massive Kanchenjunga to Mt. Makalu
Explore around pristine and natural surrounding within unspoiled traditional villages
A mind-blowing experience walking from South base camp to its North base camps
Adventure of great combination from moderate to challenging walks with grand views”
Trip Mode: Hotel and Lodge and camping on route trekking.
Trekking grade: From moderate to adventurous walks.
Trekking duration: 24 Nights & 25 Days (with both ways flights and local drive)
Highest altitude gain: At Pang Pema 5,065m high ( North Base Camp).
Activities: cultural sightseeing tour-scenic flights and trekking.
Total Trip: 27 Nights & 28 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Seasons: April to June and September to November.
Xtreme Climbers Kanchenjunga Base Camp trekking, a wonderful and mind blowing adventure probably the one and only trek that leads you to visit both South and North base camps of the same mountains in one single adventure around whole Himalaya range.
Kanchenjunga base camp trekking, leads you to spectacular country around far eastern Himalaya of Nepal within the shade of mighty Khumbakarna Himalaya range of mountains where world 3rd highest Mt. Kanchenjunga at 8,586 m / 28,169 ft high located and straddles the border between Nepal and Sikkim (a small state of North East India).
Kanchenjunga actually known by its local native name as “Kanchendzonga” of Tibetan origin language, meaning a mountain with five Jewels which stands towering as Nepal second highest peaks.
First ascent of Mt. Kanchenjunga in 1955 by British Expeditions led by late Sir George Band using the South route near Yarlung glacier.
A fascinating adventure to Kanchenjunga base camps with variations of landscapes and scenery during the long walks within high hills villages of Kirat tribes known as Rai and Limbu and further higher where Sherpa and Bhotia people resides.
Our adventure begins with flight to low land of eastern Nepal and then heading higher cooler alpine areas through lovely Ilam town and villages with huge wide tea gardens to reach our starting point of trekking at Sukhetar.
Walk leads first visiting Kanchenjunga South base camp through remote farm villages and dense deep forest and towards Yarlung glacier filled with moraine, ice and then heading towards further north with super views of Mt. Janu and other peaks of Kanchenjunga range.
Slowly our enters an arid dry country reaching at Pang-Pema at 5,065 m high within Kanchenjunga North Base Camp, here with time to explore the isolated and beautiful mountainous area facing massive fields of ice and glaciers, then heading back on an alternative route to reach at Sukhetar and Ilam for the drive back to Bhadrapur, where a scenic flight brings you at Kathmandu after a magnificent adventure on Kanchenjunga base camp trekking.
Day 01: Pick up in Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu with sightseeing tour, trek briefing and preparations.
Day 03: Fly to Bhadrapur 3000 m and drive to Ilam town – 04 hrs.
Day 04: Drive to Sukhetar via Kabeli Khola trek to Lali Kharka 1,900m.
Day 05: Trek to Khesewa Bhanjyang 2,100m – 05 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Mamangkhe 2,030 m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Yangphudin 2,150m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Chitre 2,880 m – 06hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Simbua Khola 3,000 m – 07 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Tseram 3,770m – 05 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Ramche 4,360m via Lapsang – 06 hrs.
Day 12: Rest day at Ramche for acclimatization and hike to Kanchenjunga South BC.
Day 13: Trek back to Tseram – 05 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to near Tamo la 4,300 m – 05 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Ghunsa, 3, 480 m – 06 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Kangbachen 4,000 m – 05 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Lhonak 4,780 m – 05 hrs.
Day 18: Trek to Pang Pema 5,065m -04 hrs.
Day 19: Rest day at Pang Pema for exploration.
Day 20: Trek to Kangbachen 3,900m – 06 hrs.
Day 21: Trek to Phole 3,100 m – 05 hrs.
Day 22: Trek to Amjilassa 2, 500 m – 07 hrs.
Day 23: Trek to Tapethok 1, 300 m – 06 hrs.
Day 24: Trek to Mitlung 1,550 m – 06 hrs.
Day 25: Trek to Suketar 2,440 m – 06 hrs.
Day 26: Drive to Biratamod or Bhadrapur via Ilam – 06 hrs.
Day 27: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 28: Transfer to airport for international departure.
- Airport-Hotel-Airport pick up and drop by car/Van depending on group size.
- 3 night room at Standard hotel in Kathmandu with BB basis.
- Kathmandu valley WORLD HERITAGE SITES tour as per the above itinerary.
- Kathmandu to Biratnagar by air, and Taplejung to Kathmandu by local bus,
- Government registered well experienced and friendly guide and necessary porters.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner, tea, coffee, and desert during the trek.
- Tea, coffee, cookies and fresh fruits during the trekking.
- Lodge and camping accommodation and hot water during the trek.
- All camping gear, tents, kitchen utensils, cook, kitchen staffs and necessary porters.
- Accommodation, food, salary, equipments
- Insurances for trekking staffs.
- Kanchenjunga National Park entrance permit and TIMS Cards.
- All transportation, tourist service charge, Vat and Office Service charge
- All bar bills, beverages such as coke, fanta, mineral water
- Laundry, toiletries, internet, phone calls and personal nature expenses.
- Personal travel insurance, international air ticket, Nepal visa and phone calls
- Personal trekking equipments and rescue operation charge in case of emergency.
- Gratitude and tips for your guide, porter and driver.
- Any operating cost which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political trouble, and strikes etc.