- KANCHENJUNGA EXPEDITIONS
- “Adventure and climb on top of world’s third highest Mt. Kanchenjunga a daring feat
- Explore traditional and typical Himalayan life of mountain people of Kanchenjunga region
- An awesome challenge and adventure within thin air and high altitude routes of ice and snow
- A complete adventure of a lifetime experience on Kanchenjunga with superb panorama
- Alpine green forest to windswept rugged mountains to remorseless fields of ice and glaciers
- Trek and climb on top Mt. Kanchenjunga with scenic views of Nepal and Sikkim landscapes “
Trip Mode: Hotels and Lodge with camping on trek and climb.
Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
Climbing Grade: Full fledge Mountaineering adventure
Expeditions duration: 48 nights & 49 days (with both ways flight and drives)
Total Trip: 53 nights & 54 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Activities: Exciting flights and drive with scenic trek and climb.
Season: April to June and September to November.
Xtreme Climbers offers daring challenging climbing feats on top of world third highest mountain summit in our awesome adventure Mt. Kanchenjunga Expeditions, on the least known areas of Far Easter Nepal Himalaya.
On this exceptional adventure Mt. Kanchenjunga Expeditions taking a sweeping scenic flight to low warm areas of eastern Nepal and then starting our trek to the high green rolling hills of Kanchenjunga, a fabulous adventure where the trek leads you to both South and North base camps of the same mountains.
After a great time heading towards North Kanchenjunga base camp at Pang Pema for our ascent to world 3rd highest Mt. Kanchenjunga with its massive range of peaks.
Mt. Kanchenjunga a massive bulk of mountain range located North East Himalaya belt straddling the border between Eastern belt of Nepal and Sikkim (a small North East State of India).
Mt. Kanchenjunga actual pronounced and spelled as ‘Kanchendzonga’ means five jewels of snow peaks in Tibetan language, the mountains across the border in Sikkim worships as one of the holy mountains where mountaineers cannot climb right up to its main top summit as the top regarded as the abode of god and holy spirits.
The five jewels or treasures are Gold-Silver-Precious Stones, its Grain and a Holy Scriptures which refers to five adjoining peaks of Kanchenjunga.
The main summit stands as world third highest mountain at 8,586 m and 28,169 ft high and highest peak within Nepal Himalayan range.
A stunning peak of great beauty first climbed in 1955 by British Expedition led by late Sir George Band from Nepal and from Sikkim side by Indian Expeditions in 1982.
In 1979 British Mountaineer Pete Boardman stated that the trek to its base of Kanchenjunga most beautiful he had ever undertaken. It is a strong contender for “The most beautiful adventurous walk and climb in the world.”
A trek and climb to Mt. Kanchenjunga is an unforgettable experience into the heart of the Himalaya where the scale of the mountains and valley is difficult to comprehend.
Mt. Kanchenjunga area with Latitude of 27.7025 and Longitude 88.1475
27°4256’N and 87°55’42 E Covering an area of 20.35 km2 (786 sq miles) within the district of Taplejung and Mechi State / Zone of Eastern Nepal Himalaya.
The Kanchenjunga Himal belt encompasses 16 peaks of above 7,000 m (23,000 ft). In the north, it is limited by the Lhonak Chu, Goma Chu and Jongsang La, and in the east by the Teesta River. The western limit runs from the Jongsang La down the Gingsang and Kangchenjunga glaciers and the rivers of Ghunsa and Tamur.
Kanchenjunga rises about 20 km (12 mi) south of the general alignment of the Great Himalayan range about 125 km (78 mi) east-south-east of Mount Everest as the crow flies. South of the southern face of Kanchenjunga runs the 3,000–3,500 m (9,800–11,500 ft) high Singalila Ridge that separates Sikkim from Nepal and northern West Bengal
From the summit catch views of Mt. Everest (8,848m / 29, 028ft) Lhotse (8,516 m-24,940 ft), world’s 5th highest Mt. Makalu (8,463 m / 27, 766 ft) Baruntse (7,160 m), with many other smaller unnamed peaks.
After a most daring climb heading back to Kathmandu with a drive and flight from Bhadrapur after concluding an adventure of a lifetime experience on Mt. Kanchenjunga Expeditions.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02-03: In Kathmandu preparations for Mt. Kanchenjunga expeditions and optional tour.
Day 04: Fly to Bhadrapur 3000 m and drive to Ilam town – 04 hrs.
Day 05: Drive to Sukhetar via Kabeli Khola trek to Lali Kharka 1,900m.
Day 06: Trek to Khesewa Bhanjyang 2,100m – 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Mamangkhe 2,030 m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Yangphudin 2,150m – 06 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Chitre 2,880 m – 06hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Simbua Khola 3,000 m – 07 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Tseram 3,770m – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Ramche 4,360m via Lapsang – 06 hrs.
Day 13: Rest day at Ramche for acclimatization and optional walk.
Day 14: Trek back to Tseram – 05 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to near Tamo la 4,300 m – 05 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Ghunsa, 3, 480 m – 06 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Kangbachen 4,000 m – 05 hrs.
Day 18: Trek to Lhonak 4,780 m – 05 hrs.
Day 19: Trek to Kanchenjunga bas camp at Pang Pema 5,143 m – 04 hrs.
Day 20: Rest day at Base Camp for local exploration and preparation.
Day 21: Trek and climb to Advance Camp 5,836 m.
Day 22-41: (20 days) Expeditions and ascent to the summit.
Day 42: Return to base camp.
Day 43: Clean up of the Base Camp.
Day 44: Trek to Kangbachen 3,900m – 06 hrs.
Day 45: Trek to Phole 3,100 m – 05 hrs.
Day 46: Trek to Amjilassa 2, 500 m – 07 hrs.
Day 47: Trek to Tapethok 1, 300 m – 06 hrs.
Day 48: Trek to Mitlung 1,550 m – 06 hrs.
Day 49: Trek to Suketar 2,440 m – 06 hrs.
Day 50: Drive to Birtamod or Bhadrapur via Ilam – 06 hrs.
Day 51: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
Day 52-53: In Kathmandu with to hand in reports to concern Government department.
Day 54: International departure for home ward bound.
Cost and payment details
The cost is depending on group size, affected due to the requirement of number of guides and porters, requisite of Hotel in Kathmandu, method of land/air transport. The itinerary is changeable and modifiable as per needs and time frame of trekkers. Cost will be re calculated if the itinerary is changed or modified. Additional activities may be added as per trekkers request with appropriate additional cost. For Total Tour cost EMAIL US, we will send you within 24 hours as your requirements.
Full Board Service Cost Include:
- All arrival and departure airport transfers with Xtreme Climbers Team Assistance.
- Three Star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Taplejung/ Kathmandu domestic air ticket for members/ cargo fees.
- Kathmandu to Taplejung/ Kathmandu domestic air ticket for Liaison Officer.
- Expedition royalty and climbing permit.
- National Park/Conservation fees.
- Government appointed Liaison Officer.
- Three meals a day (B/L/D with hot drinks) and twin sharing Hotel / Guest house accommodation during trekking and freshly cooked 3 meals, tea or coffee by professional cook in Base Camp.
- All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition.
- Baggage/ Equipment allowance for trekking up and down is maximum 50-55 kg per person.
- Base Camp Manager, Base Camp cook, necessary staffs.
- One high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food and gear to higher camps. They will also assist the member during climb and summit attempt.
- Oxygen bottles (4 bottles per member) mask and regulator.
- Common climbing equipment (necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws, etc.).
- All camping equipments like camp furniture (table, chairs), kitchenware, kitchen, dining, guest, shower and toilet tents in Base camp.
- Base Camp single tent with mattress and pillow for each member, climbing Sherpa, BC staff and Liaison Officer.
- High altitude VE 25 North-Face tents for all members and climbing Sherpas.
- Wages, meals, accommodation, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for Sherpa guide and other staffs.
- Insurance for climbing Sherpas, cooks, Liaison Officer, and local porters.
- Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging small electronics (eg. mobile phones, amateur digital cameras and handheld video cameras).
- First Aid medical kits.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes.
- Farewell Dinner.
Full Board Service Cost Exclude:
- International airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation beyond 5 nights (as per itinerary) stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above Base Camp.
- Excess personal member’s baggage transport Kathmandu-Suketar-Base Camp US$8 per kg one way.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, email, internet etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo.
- Personal solar pack (if any) for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera, batteries, etc. ).
- Summit bonus / Tips/ Donation.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.