Putha Himchui Peak (7246 m/23,772ft):
Putha Hiunchuli (7246m/23,772ft) is the westernmost peak of the Dhaulagiri range. It lies to the west is Annapurna South and Ganesh Himal. Putha Hiunchuli is the last 7000m peak marking the end of the snow-capped range; it is also sometimes referred to as Dhaulagiri VI. In this area Snow Leopard can be found during the trip.
Mount Putha 7246m was first ascended in 1954 by a British team and the last ascent was made on 23 May 2007 by a Swish team. The route follows the route Kathmandu à Nepalgunja à Dolpa (Jufhal) by flight and trek to Dunai, Tarakot, Musi Khola Kagkot- Yak Kharka and then will be reach Base camp of Mount Putha Hiunchuli.
From the base camp to Camp-1, lying on the moraine, put up cairns for path as it is little difficult to find it. Normally put up C1 at the beginning of the glacier. From Camp-1 to Camp -, it is possible to use ski, as there are not as many crevasses. This route is quite clear, so you can set up camp on rock band. On summit day from 5,700m, they leave early in the morning about 4 A.M. And weather should be clear. Climbing route is long from camp. Only false summit can be seen from route. Base Camp 4,800m, Camp I -5,300m, Camp II -6,700m- and make Summit from camp 2.
Facts of the Trip
Highest access: (7246m/23,772ft)
First Ascent: 1954. Jimmy Roberts, Ang Nyima Sherpa
Duration: 31 Days
Group Size: 02-10 People per group
Location: Dhaulagiri Himal range
Airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
Departure From: Kathmandu (KTM)
Grade: Peu Difficile (Easy)
Accommodation: Tourist standard to five stars as requested
Meals: B/B plan in Kathmandu & B, L,D in during Driving and climbing period
Transportation: Car, Jeep, Flight
Best season: spring: April-May and autumn: September-October
Major Activity: Trekking/Mountaineering
Include Activity: Scenic flight to Juphal
Culture: Tibetan and Sherpa
Mode of Travel: Tea House/Camping
Climbing route: North face
Himalayan sights: Mt. Dhaulagiri. Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Fishtail
Itinerary Details of Putha Hiunchuli Expedition (7246m/23773ft)- Via Regular route
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1350m/4,429ft). Transfer to hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02: Preparation, briefings, last minute shopping and permit formalities.
Day 03: After having Breakfast, Flight from Kathmandu to Nepaljung; hotel accommodation. (Takes about 45 minutes)
Day 04: Flight from Nepaljung to Juphal (Dolpo) then trek to Dunai(2230m/7316ft.)-03hrs; camping accommodation.
Day 05: Trek from Dunai to Tarakot(2680m/8793ft.) -06hrs camping accommodation .
Day 06: Trek from Tarakot to Musikhola (2800m/986ft)-06hrs; camping accommodation.
Day 07: Trek from Musikhol to Kakkotgoan (3295m/10810ft.)-05hrs; lodge accommodation or camping.
Day 08: Trek from Kakkotgoan to Yak Kharka (3960m/12992ft.) -06hrs; camping Accommodation.
Day 09: Trek from Yak Kharka to Putha Phedi (4430m/14534ft.) -06hrs; camping accommodation.
Day 10: Trek from Putha Phedi to Putha Hiunchuli Base camp (4800/15748ft.) -06hrs; camping accommodation.
25-9 Nov/Day 11-25: Climbing period and summit to putha Himchuli (7246m/23773ft)
Day 26: Trek from Putha Hinchuli Base Camp to Kakkotgoan (3295m/10810ft.)-05hrs; lodge accommodation or camping.
Day 27: Trek from Kakkotgoan to Laisi camp(2800m/986ft)-06hrs; camping accommodation
Day 28: Trek from Laisi Camp to Mushi khola Musikhola (2800m/986ft)-06hrs; camping accommodation
Day 29: Trek from Musikhola to Dunai(2230m/7316ft.)-03hrs; camping accommodation
Day 30: Trek from Duani to Juphal and get ready for the next day’s flight to Nepalgunj. Overnight at the house accommodation.
Day 31: Fly from Juphal to Nepalgunj and connection flight to Kathmandu
32: Free and rest day at Kathmandu. Farewell celebration dinner with cultural program in the evening.
In Full board service
Xtreme Climbers offers Full Board Service for our entire range of flagship mountaineering expeditions to all 7000m peaks. Full Board service means that we will provide a Trekking service, base camp service and high camp service executed by your Sherpa climbing guide. All of our full board clients will have a personal Sherpa climbing guide exclusively dedicated to the client for the duration of the climb.
Our climbing Sherpa guide team will establish and secure climbing route in collaboration with other climbing teams participating on the route. Establish all high camps with camping equipment, provisions, oxygen and prepare high altitude food for the client. Full board also indistinguishable client on the route while ensuring their safety and well being.We move at the client’s preferred pace and ensure total commitment to the client in case of emergency with the clients safety and wellbeing being the overriding priority.
High camp service for the Full Board Service will consist of all of the equipment necessary to fix the route, all camping equipment, fuel and food for high camps.
Full Board Service Cost (Includes)
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from KTM international airport with other necessary transportation as per itinerary.
- Assistance at KTM international airport by Xtreme Climbers representatives during your arrival and departure.
- 4 night request category hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B&B basis.
- Experienced and government licensed trekking and climbing Sherpa guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- Appropriate number of porters during the trekking period.
- Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Juphal flight transportation for all climbing members, Sherpa guide, liaison officer
- Kathmandu- Neplajung bus transportation for kitchen staff.
- Jomsom-Pokhara flight ticket for group and expedition leaders/guides.
- Kagbeni-Pokhara-Kathmandu transportation for Nepal staff and cargo.
- Pokhara-Kathmandu Tourist bus transportation.
- Entire Xtreme Climbers details facilities including: Kitchen tent, storage tent, dining tent, client tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs and cooking utensils for base camp.
- Common climbing equipment such as: Rope, ice bars, ice screws, and snow bar.
- 3 meals a day: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee.
- Accommodation at hotel/lodge/guest house or tent camps during the trekking period.
- All camping accommodation for members and staff during trekking and climbing period. You will be sharing sleeping quarters with one other member.
- All food and fuel for base camp and higher camps during the climbing period.
- 40kg baggage allowance per person during the trekking period. This will be carried by porters/mules.
- Daily weather report services from Seattle, Washington based company.
- Services of chef and kitchen assistant at advance base camp.
- Trekking Permit (Annapurna Conservation Park entry fee).
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Expedition Royalty and permit from Nepal government to climb Mt. Putha Hiunchuli Peak.
- Nepalese government royalty.
- One experienced, trained, government licensed and 2 time summiteers climbing guide (Sherpa) per person.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurances for all involved staff during the trekking and climbing period.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for all involved expedition staff.
- Medical consultation services at the base camp with the HRA clinic at base camp.
- Equipment allowances and wages for climbing Sherpa’s, cooks, kitchen assistant and * * government liaison officer.
- First aid medical kits for the group and the staff.
- Satellite phone carried by guide for communication. Available to clients with the cost of $4 USD per minute.
- Appropriate high altitude food for all clients and staff at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period.
- Heater will be provided at base camp for the dining tent.
- Emergency oxygen mask and regulator provided upon request of client with requirement appropriate charge.
- Each client will have an individual tent available in the Putha Hiunchuli advanced base camp.
- Solar panels for light and electronics charging.
- All tents for camp I, II and III. Ice fall charges.
- Gamow Bags (Portable hyperbaric chambers) for high altitude sickness.
- We provide Sherpa’s tents, food for climbing and insurance.
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- EPI cooking gas and stove will be provided above base camp for cooking food.
- Generator will be providing to back-up the lighting in base camp.
- Transportation of food supply from Kathmandu to base camp by porter/mules.
- Our services and Government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information.
- Visa extension procedure services.
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu before departure.
Full Board Service Cost(Excludes):
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones and internet.
- Clothing, packing items or bags, personal medical kit, personal trekking gear.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulations, etc.
- Transportation services includes only what is listed on the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be appropriately charged.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Medical insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Walkie-talkies & Filming permit (if you have a special camera).
- Personal climbing gear.
- Summit bonus $800.00USD minimum for each climbing Sherpa guide.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition equipment.
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa is easy to acquire upon arrival).
- Any extra services, products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.