Tsum Valley Trek 19 Days
Discover the secret Tibetan Buddhist land lying at the edge of one of the most secluded Himalayan valleys. Tsum Valley is one of world’s remotest Himalayan Valleys which was also a restricted region until recently. The trek to Tsum Valley takes you into the majestic surroundings of the Ganesh Himal, Shringi Himal, and Boudha Himal ranges. The region once being part of Tibet looks completely different from what you will find elsewhere. The people of Tsum Valley or the Tsumbas belong to Tibetan origin with their own ancient form of dialect, art, culture and religion. Very few adventure travelers have made it to this high and mysterious valley, which used to be an important trade link with Tibet. In the initial days, we trek the route of Around Manaslu Trek or the Manaslu Circuit Trek. The Tsum Valley lies on the northern part of Manaslu and used to be a restricted area until 2008. The region is still less exposed in comparison to other touristy areas, with relatively virgin and less beaten paths in comparison to the more popular regions. The Tsum people have their own way of family life, which may be quite surprising for many outsiders. All the brothers in the family are married to a single girl, what you may call a practice of polyandry.
The trek start and end point is Arughat, a seven hours drive from Kathmandu. The first half of the trek ascends the Budhi Gandaki Valley on good paths through a mix of dense forest, terraced fields and hill villages. As we leave the main Manaslu Trail for the Tsum valley, suddenly we get a feeling of entering truly into the hidden valley. While on the trek, we also pass through the alpine forests, glacial rivers, and enjoy the warm hospitality of ethnic people. Pass the lower Buri Gandaki regions of Liding, Machha Khola, Jagat and Philim. We also visit the ancient Gombas of the region such as: Rachen Gompa,Mu Gompa, Dephyudonma Gompa.
Trip Destination: Nepal
Total Duration: 19 Days
Trek Duration: 15 Days
Group Size : 2-15
Best Season: Spring/Autumn
Max. Altitude : 4060m
Accommodation: Lodge and Homestay
Transportation: Local Bus or Jeep
Best Season for Tsum Valley Trekking: Spring and autumn
Permit Cost: September-November USD 35.00 per person for the first 8 days. December-August USD 25.00 per person for the first 8 days
Day 01: Join Kathmandu (1360m),
Day 02: Get permits, preparation or sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive to Arughat (600m) from Kathmandu; 7-8 hours drive.
Day 04: Trek to Soti Khola (710m), 4 hrs walk.
Day 05: Tre to Machha Khola (887m); 6 hrs walk.
Day 06: Trek to Jagat (1345m) 6-7 hrs walk.
Day 07: Trek to Lakpa (2240m), 6 hrs walk.
Day 08: Trek Chumling (2386m) (Lower Tsum); 4-5 hrs walk.
Day 09: Trek to Chhokangparo (3031m), 4-5 hrs walk.
Day 10: Trek to Nile (3347m) via Milarepa Cave, 5-6 hrs walk.
Day 11: Excursion Mu Gompa (3700 m) and Dhephyudonma Gompa (4060m) 5-6 hrs. walk.
Day 12: Trek to Chhekamparo (3031m), 4-5 hrs walk.
Day 13: Trek to Gumpa Lungdang (3200m), 6 hrs walk.
Day 14: Ganesh Himal Base Hike.
Day 15: Trek to Lokpa, 6-7 hrs. walk.
Day 16: Trek to Jagat, 6-7 hrs walk.
Day 17: Trek to Lapubesi 6-7 hrs walk.
Day 18: Trek to Arughat, approximately 6-7 hrs walk.
Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu from Arughat, 7-8 hrs drive.
- Airport-hotel-airport pick and drop by private car/van
- 3 nights Hotels*** in Kathmandu, B&B service.
- Well experienced, government registered, English speaking and friendly guide.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Tea, coffee, cookies and fresh fruits during the trek.
- All ground transportation
- first aid kit
- Lodge and homestay accommodation during the trek.
- Food, accommodation salary of the guide and porters.
- Tsum Valley special permit and other necessary permits
- Office service charge, government tax and vat etc.
- Insurance for guide and porter.
- Hard drinks, beverages such as coke, fanta, mineral water, laundry service and toiletries.
- Hot shower, hot water, internet, phone calls and personal nature expenses.
- Personal travel insurance, Nepal visa, international air ticket laundry services.
- Rescue operation charge in case of emergency, hiring horse and extra porter.
- Gratitude and tips for your guide, porter and driver.
Note: This trip can be personalized as per your requirements that meet your time frame. The trip price will be according to Deluxe, Standard, Budget and group size so please kindly provide us your details for tailor made program.